Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Balance Beam

By God's grace I enjoyed a wonderful weekend with brothers and sisters at Leroy Community Chapel. Jeff and Angie Pierce and their great girls, Olivia, Sophia and (especially) Eva spoiled me with food and fellowship. It was truly a blessing to be there.

 No one to my knowledge walked out or fell asleep during my sermon at both services on Sunday! My participation was the second in three consecutive missions Sundays, the theme being church planting.

It was so encouraging to renew old friendships and make new ones. A number of conversations that I had with different people at LCC were extremely challenging to me.

 I returned late last night after two uneventful flights to my beautiful wife and family here. No snow in Pittsburgh, at least when I flew out at around 5 p.m.

 I saw this video (below) posted on FB by a fellow missionary and had to re-post it. Check it out.


Quote of the Day: When two people in suits come to my door with logical answers about every theological subject, I not only find them boring, but I know they are false prophets. If you can explain all there is to know about God, then your god is too small for me. I want a God who is bigger than my 5.5" X 6.5" cranium.
Neil Cole. Organic Leadership: Leading Naturally Right Where You Are (p. 212).


 

No comments: