Sunday, February 26, 2012

Rites of Passage

My daughter asked me when she can join Facebook so she can communicate better with her friends.  I said, "same time your brother was able to join, when he turned 13."  Her response was, "Dad, Facebook might not even be around when I am 13!"  Maybe not, as fast as this world is changing.

In our family, different years signify different rites of passage.  When your 12, you can have a cell phone.  When you're 13, you can join FB.  I Cathy's case, when she is 15 she celebrates the BIG quinceaños celebration.  One that day we are also inviting all former summer interns down to celebrate with us.  It will be awesome (and expensive!).  And I may, just may, dance a waltz with my dear daughter.

Today Ismael spoke on Nehemiah 5, and spent some time talking about a verse in the New Testament.  What a verse it is!  2 Corinthians 8:9 states: For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.

Wow!  That's a lot of blessing and theology in one verse!

Below, Ismael next to Oscar's pizza stand, a frequent stop after our men's study every Saturday evening at 8 p.m.  Good stuff!

Interesting article on atheism and Richard Dawkins, click HERE.


No comments: