Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Happy Birthday Mayra

It's Mayra's b-day today! She is...well, that's classified. I was going to invite her to breakfast today, but her friends beat me to it...she's still somewhere with them. I'm home with Daniel working through home schooling, still in the learning curve of working in a different language (Engish!) and with a very different system.

Still no word regarding the administration of the center...just talked to our contact at the municipality, always very excited to talk to me, and always quite apologetic that he still hasn't been able to talk to the right people.

Yesterday I had a FAMEX meeting near the airport, while David and Sam coordinated some work at the community center in JM, filling in a circular area with concrete. The guys did a beautiful job finishing it off. I decided to walk down to the market area before the Bible study last night, and as I walked around the corner, saw about 6 guys with skateboards riding through the still-damp cement. They all had written their names in it too. So I tried the best I could to re-finish the surface with a broom (not before writing my name and Mayra's on the edge).

Quote of the Day: "The world can no longer be left to mere diplomats, politicians, and business leaders. They have done the best they could, no doubt. But this is an age for spiritual heroes- a time for men and women to be heroic in their faith and in spiritual character and power. The greatest danger to the Christian church today is that of pitching its message too low."
— Dallas Willard The Spirit of the Disciplines

No comments: