Saturday, February 20, 2010

10 hours of meetings, but feeling better

These past several days I feel like I lived in a misty haze, and it wasn't the rain we had. I forget which day, but about 5 days ago I started feeling weird. By the next day, I just felt bad. The next day I couldn't get out of bed. But alas, I had a marathon Puebla Bible Seminary board meeting I needed to be at.

So...with that frenzied level of excitement that I get when I think about meetings that go from 5-10 p.m. Friday night, then 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Saturdays, I crawled into the van and drove to Puebla, with my faithful companion David Gomez. The extremely high levels of coffee-induced caffeine were undoubtedly beneficial to my overall physical well-being. Our conversations about moving the Seminary forward into a policy-governed board were stimulating (really). We were all happy that Roger has decided to stick it out a few more years.

So...today, all four volcanoes were visible from Puebla...Orizaba, La Malinche, Popocatepetl and Ixtla...and all snow-covered in a big way from the latest rains.

Tomorrow...ah, visiting the Topps, celebrating birthdays, it will be a fine day indeed.

No comments: