Thursday, March 26, 2009

Getting Well

On Monday, after picking the kids up from school, Mayra and I took the kids to a little restaurant where comida corrida is served. You get a drink, a soup, rice or pasta and a main meat dish for 30 pesos, or around $2.15, not a bad deal, really. I had the caldo de pollo con arroz(chicken broth with rice), and a chuleta (pork chop) with chipotle sauce, or some such thing.

Later that day, at around 10 p.m., I drove to the airport to have a meeting with Fernando Amezcua, who was flying out to Nicaragua at 3:30 a.m. I hardly ever get to see Fernando, because he lives in Guadalajara, and wanted to touch base with him regarding some workshops for a missions conference in June. Samuel, Luis, Laura and I (probably) will all be doing a workshop. On the way to the airport I began to feel a little queasy. Just a passing, troubling feeling that you hope goes away.

I ordered a Vainilla Frappuchino at Starbucks, with that whipped cream on top. That could have been a mistake. David Gomez went with me. On our way back, around 12 midnight, I told David that I might have to pull over on the way to...oh, so many words used to describe what I needed to do.

I won't go into details, but it wasn't pretty. I was pretty much in bed for all of Tuesday, with a fever most of the day. I finally started getting better after taking some medication.

All of this comes during a busy week. This Sunday we are expecting visitors from a total of four different churches, with Toño Muñoz preaching, as we recognize Martin as our church's first pastor/elder. Lots to due. This Sunday is going to be a celebration at Sendero...something we hardly do here HA!

A couple more things...pray for Lindsey Bridges and Becky Baron Muñoz as they both recover from surgery, and also for Priscilla Pan, as she prayerfully considers ministering here this fall.

No comments: