Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Three Kings Picture session a success

Last night, as I mentioned to some of you, the church took advantage of a vinyl backdrop and beautiful wisemen outfits to put on an evangelistic activity. I took my laptop and printer, and printed up somewhere around 50 pictures of families and children posing with "the three wisemen."

We charged 10 pesos, about 70 cents, per photo...hardly enough to pay the cost of the photographic paper and ink for the printer, but a neat way to reach our community. We have each family a tract, in some cases a Wonderbook (a CEF booklet of Bible stories that the Word of Life Chapel team brought down in August), and an invitation to come to church on Sunday.

Two of the three initial kings had other commitments, so last night, Martin, David and Alberto put on the costumes (I had originally, but general consensus is that I make a better Santa Claus than I do a wiseman). I also was the guy furiously printing out pictures, trying trying to remember who I had already printed and who needed more than one copy, etc...

Enjoy the pics!


1 comment:

Alan & Beth McManus said...

great idea...yeah...I agree with the Santa Claus comment and including Santa probably would have required a wide-angle lens. Did you know that Santa spelled backwards is Atnas, which isn't a word? Amazing.

Ha-ha...did you sell groups of three helium-filled balloons too or just the photo? You could have charged an extra 5 pesos for the Gringo Claus to be in the photo. Maybe next year?