Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend

On Saturday Miguel, Alex and I drove up to northwestern Mexico City, to a huge graveyard where David's father was buried in the family burial plot. There we sang several hymns by the gravesite, and I gave a brief devotional. David's brother wasn't even there, leaving David with the responsibility of the burial.

Later that day, after continuing to prepare for my sermon on Sunday, Alex, Alberto, Crystal, Mayra and I played two games of Settlers of Catan. Unbelievably, I lost both games. Not sure that's ever happened before. Two straight games! I'm still recovering. Yesterday we had a great time at church. After probably a month of not preaching, it was my turn...preached on Psalm 1.

Later that day, a bunch of us from church met at church, then went over to Martin and Laura's house, to celebrate Laura's birthday...good time! Of course we ate cake, and tostadas de tinga and pata (beef's foot).

This week...wow, I got a lot to do. A meeting with mall administration to talk about the activity in December at 1 p.m. today. Preparing for a whole week of devotional times next week in Dallas. Writing a Christmas drama for the church to do. Taking Claudia in to her radiation treatments M-W, getting an article into the local newspaper, getting t-shirts done for the church band, articles to write...better get going!

Quote of the Day:
"I wasn't God's first choice for what I've done for China…I don't know who it was…It must have been a man…a well-educated man. I don't know what happened. Perhaps he died. Perhaps he wasn't willing…and God looked down…and saw Gladys Aylward… And God said - "Well, she's willing."
Gladys Aylward

No comments: