Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Pray for Lydia

We got a great email today...I thought I'd share it with you and ask you to pray for Lydia. Lauren stayed with us two years ago. It was great to hear from her again.

___________


Hi Rod,

I don't know if you remember me. I stayed with you for a couple of weeks during the summer 2006, Lauren Hanson? Now I'm Lauren Vasquez--I married Raul about a year and a half ago.

Anyway, I've been following your blog and was shocked to see that Lydia was diagnosed with cancer. I was one of her English partners during the ESL classes and really enjoyed getting to know her. I think this is the same Lydia, I'll attach a picture. If you think she would remember and if you think it would encourage her, would you tell her that I'm praying for her? Also, if you wouldn't mind I'd love any updates you send out (although that's probably all done through your blog I guess, which is still great).

I'll also pray for y'all as all of those interns descend on your place again this summer... thanks for all you did for us while we were there, that must have been so crazy for you guys. It was an awesome experience, thanks for making it possible!

Take care and God bless,

Lauren


Lauren...Yes, Lydia is the same Lydia you know. David Gomez and I visited her about 10 days ago. All her hair has fallen out. They found a baseball sized tumor in her left breast and she has now taken 3 or 4 chemotherapy treatments. They will begin with radiation soon. The tumor has shrunk in size to about a golf ball size now, and the thinking is that they will be able to operate in 4-6 months.

I'm sure she will appreciate your prayers. Some time ago I saw her with a sweater that you apparently left her, so I know she'll remember you and I'm sure she'll appreciate your prayers. Unfortunately she doesn't seem to be very open to trusting Christ, although she is always very polite to me, etc...she really doesn't seem like she's willing to make a commitment, so you can really pray about that.

No comments: