Thursday, May 15, 2008

A full, fun weekend...

This weekend is going to be pretty intense, with a discipleship Bible study at 9 a.m. tomorrow, then a vision-casting, brain-storming, take our community by storm planning meeting at 8 p.m. I'm sure we'll end around 12 midnight with some tacos.

Sandy Jenkins arrives tomorrow afternoon also. Sandy is a wonderful lady who is CAM's Stewardship Director. I picked her up at that airport and put her on a bus to Puebla yesterday. Gotta love a sister who brings you a box of Cheez-its, the latest Grishom hardback and a current, albeit used, copy of USA Today. Sandy is visiting Mexico for about a week, and will be with us from Friday to Sunday.

On Saturday the Cotrills come from Cuernavaca to sign a rental contract for a house. Thank God they found a suitable place in record time. Then at 4 we have youth group, and at 7:30 p.m. a marriage study at our house.

I happen to preach Sunday...I'm supposed to preach over Genesis 21, but am changing it to a discipleship-oriented sermon, because we need to be reminded as a church where we are in this process. Sunday afternoon...take Sandy to the bus station to San Juan, then Sunday night, another meeting on vision (I think) with the guys in the church.

Mayra, Brigam, Alberto and I played 5 (count them, 5) games of Settlers of Catan last night...till around 2:30 a.m. Alberto won 1, Brigam 2 and I won 2. Mayra went to bed after game 4...

I've been in touch with Cliff Johnson, from Woodside Bible in Troy, Michigan, about the possibility of another team in December. Sounds like a really dynamic group. Turns out that Cliff played basketball with my cousin Ryan Fry in college. Small world.

No comments: