Sunday, May 25, 2008

Another fun weekend

This past Thursday and Friday, Mario painted our house downstairs...we added some color, me trying to prove that I am really Mexican. Instead of pure white walls we now have one off-green one and one yellow-orange one. Actually they look better than you may imagine!

We had 17 people in youth group this morning; the kids teaching themselves, going through a book called "The 10 Commandments of Dating." Good stuff. We also celebrated the Lord's supper this morning.

We really need to think about a new church building/facility/property, because we really do not hardly fit anymore.

Our newest family, Mauricio and Griselda, and their kids Alex and Samuel, have not missed a Sunday since they started coming about a month ago. Our kids were at Samuel's 8-year-old b-day party on Saturday and had a good time.

We celebrated my nephew's first birthday tonight and had some pretty good cake. I'm not a cake fan...but this was pretty good.

The Cottrills plan to sign on Wednesday...a good house with accessible owners. I talked at length with them on Saturday...apparently the wife's older sister is a Christian, and they seem like really nice people. We start on Tuesday putting 72 square meters of tile on the stairs and three rooms...when I say "we" I mean that I will be buying and transporting the tile; not installing it. That's Mario's job, and he does a knock-down job of it.

No comments: