Thursday, July 26, 2007

Back in Elizabethtown, PA

We arrived at my parent's house last night at around 7:30 p.m. after a very long trip. We left Mexico City at around 4 p.m. and drove up to Saltillo, Mexico, about 40 miles south of Monterrey. Monday took us to and through the border after confronting a lot of traffic. I had expected to pick up my registration at the insurance agency offices, but the State of Texas did not issue our registration due to some minor details, so we drove through Texas unregistered and uninspected. But it took a while to figure all of that out, so we were only able to get as far as Beaumont, TX, east of Houston the first night.

Tuesday took us through Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, the tip of Georgia and into Tennessee. Wednesday we drove from north of Chatanooga throught Tennessee, Virginia, the tip of West Virginia, through Maryland and finally into Pennsylvania and home.

Remember we did this with three kids...and not just any three kids...our three kids! Flying started to look better and better with every hour!

Now we are home here, at the phenomenally beautiful home of my parents. Last night I met with my sister and her fiancee, soon to be husband about the wedding this Saturday. I helped my dad mow the front yard this morning, the kids are loving it here, collecting bugs, running around outside.

Thanks for your prayers!

No comments: