Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Soplando Vida/Breathing Life

My wife recently bought a CD of one of our favorite singers in Spanish, Jesús Adrian Romero.  One of the songs particularly caught my attention.  Here's the translation first, then the words of the song in Spanish with an embedded video of the song at the end.  Yes, I would love to live in a cabin in the mountains...but not yet.

Translation:
I want to live in a house in the mountains, near heaven, near God.  I want to live where the air is pure and clean, where I can breathe in the sun.  But not yet...not yet...

I want to live where the river runs strong, near heaven, near God.  I want to live where one day you will take me to, where I can breath in the sun.  But not yet...not yet.

Chorus:  I am here.  In this valley of (dry) bones, here I am.  Breathing life and breath here I am, in this dry desert valley, so thirsty for your love, here I am.

Soplando Vida, Jesús Adrian Romero

Quiero vivir allá en una casa en las montañas
cerquita del cielo, cerquita de Dios.
Quiero vivir allá donde el aire es puro y sano
donde puedo respirar el mismo sol.
Pero todavía no... no

Quiero vivir allá donde el río es abundante
cerquita del cielo, cerquita de Dios.
Quiero vivir allá donde un día has de llevarme
donde puedo respirar el mismo sol.
Pero todavía no... no

Coro:
Y aquí estoy en este valle de huesos estoy,
soplando vida y aliento aquí estoy,
en este valle tan desierto, tan sediento de tu amor;
aquí estoy.

Quiero vivir allá donde siempre es primavera
cerquita del cielo, cerquita de Dios.
Quiero vivir allá donde canta la mañana
donde hay arboles que danzan con el sol.

Pero todavía no... no

Quote of the Day: We should, to begin with, think that God leads a very interesting life, and that he is full of joy. Undoubtedly he is the most joyous being in the universe. The abundance of his love and generosity is inseparable from his infinite joy. All of the good and beautiful things from which we occasionally drink tiny droplets of soul-exhilarating joy, God continuously experiences in all their breadth and depth and richness.
Willard, Dallas (2009-02-06). The Divine Conspiracy (p. 62).

Check out this post you may have missed...Spiritual Conversations.

 

No comments: