Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Our MP Experience--Part 2

(continued from yesterday)
Much to our surprise, we received a call around 6 p.m., asking about the progress of our robbery report.  Mayra told them that we had finished the report, but still lacked some of the paperwork.  Two minutes later we received a call from the municipal police informing us that they had found our vehicle.  I had mentioned to Mayra that I had hoped that they would either find the van in two days, or never find it.  Well, it was found within 30 hours of the crime.  I had to take back all my negative comments about the local police force!

I’ve already written about this, what I want to detail now is our time, once again, at the MP.  Before we went to report the vehicle’s theft.  Now, we needed to report its recuperation.  Easy, right?  Ha, think again!  Mayra’s parents live next to a young man who works at the attorney general’s office in Toluca, the state capital.  Mayra called him, and he put us in touch with the assistant attorney general’s office.  Mayra gave her cell phone to the man in a suit, who was in charge of this local MP, and someone with quite a bit of authority spoke directly to him.  Although we recognize God’s supernatural intervention in this whole process, God also worked through this special contact.  We are quite sure that otherwise, our van would have been impounded during the several weeks that followed.  Often, vehicles that are impounded come out missing parts, and in several disrepair.  Our vehicle has stayed parked in front of our house, thank God, during this whole process.

During the early morning hours, the police brought in a man who was obviously drugged and, I believe, demon possessed.  He was in handcuffs, and forcibly seated in a corner of the waiting area.  Periodically the police would come and pull the hooded part of his sweatshirt over his head, and knock him on the floor.  At one point his language became so offensive that it was difficult to bear.  Mayra notices that after one particularly caustic tirade, one of the policemen was speaking sensibly to him.  Soon, the man began to state, then scream, that God did not exist, that what he was hearing was a lie.  The obscenities once again filled the room.  We are pretty sure that the policeman was probably speaking to him about God. 

We finally finished the report of the recuperation of the vehicle at almost 4 a.m.  Exhausted, we returned home, almost not able to believe what had transpired in only two days.  The report of the recuperation of the vehicle began a lengthy, three-week process that has still not terminated as of today (May 15).  We have returned to the MP on at least five different occasions.  Our last task will be a visit to Amecameca, about half and hour away, to finally conclude this difficult, incredibly bureaucratic process of reclaiming our vehicle.   

Quote of the Day:  “The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter.”
--Malcolm Gladwell, Blink, The Power of Thinking Without Thinking

No comments: