Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Next Step and Daniel

I just returned from three days in 100+ degree Denton and Dallas TX. So glad to get back to reasonable temperatures and reasonable humidity! I was there for the end-of-internship time called Next Step. During these three days, students have an opportunity to reflect on their experiences this past summer, and explore potential next steps in their lives in the possible pursuit of cross-cultural ministry.

For me, the best part about it was that I was with my son, Daniel, who just turned 13 last month. After two nights in a church gym, last night we shared a room in a nice hotel. This morning we both woke up (sort of) at 5 a.m., and took a shuttle to the airport. Daniel flew to PA via Cleveland, all by himself, for the first time in his life. He is now enjoying some time with his grandparents!

No comments: