Thursday, December 10, 2009

Practice, practice...

Today started early, taking pieces of the 8 ft. by 20 ft. x 3 ft high stage that Martin and Miguel have been constructing. All that steel and 3/4 inch plywood (6 sheets of it) is heavy. The Astro added one more item to a long list of things it has transported seat-less throughout the years. I also took chairs and plants and electrical extensions and other items up to Jesus Maria.

Practice for our performance tomorrow concluded tonight. I realized, too late I'm afraid, that two of the songs I picked to sing in English just do not lend themselves to volume and general cheerfulness...Away in a Manger and Silent Night. My plan is to sing as loudly as I can...and maybe that will make up for their soft voices. Yeah, maybe not. But they love We Wish You a Merry Christmas. So I suspect we'll end with a bang.

Miguel couldn't get off work for tomorrow, so although he has practiced with the church praise band, it looks like I'll have to lead it tomorrow. We had a late practice tonight...from 8:30-10:00, and I'm thinking Jim is probably just about out of spoons for the week (inside joke...sure hope not!).

I took pictures of tonight, but left my camera in the storefront...but Sam has been busy, again, and made graphics for the program tomorrow as well as a Christmas card to give out.

No comments: