Friday, January 16, 2009

Charlie Estañol...and passports

I just received a statement of recent contributions to our church property project. Among the donors was a name I haven't seen in a while...Charlie Estañol. Charlie worked with Mayra and me for 4 years in Iztapalapa. I actually just recently got a phone call from one of Charlie's half-brother's here in Mexico, looking for him. Now at least I have an address. If you're friends with Charlie and want his address, send me an email at rodmydancat@hotmail.com.

Today the kids didn't go to school because we spent a good portion of the day downtown, at the U.S. embassy here, doing paperwork for their passports. We had to make an appointment online. The embassy visit is never very fun, because fighting traffic there and back is never very fun! But in a couple of weeks the kids will have their new U.S. passports delivered here to the house. Their Mexican passports are still good for over a year.

Last night we had a men's meeting from 8-10:30 p.m. Always great to be with the guys. The title of the packet of papers I gave them was "Growth and Transition." We will be looking to start another sister church at the end of this year, and beginning in April the church will be under new leadership, so to speak...with Martin and Miguel taking the reigns. This is so good for so many reasons. I'm pretty sure we must have some of the most fun, animated business meetings that any church has. There were 8 or 9 or 10 of us there last night.

No comments: