Monday, October 27, 2008

Dallas and T2 meetings

Well, I arrived in Dallas Friday night and spent the evening with Brad and Lindsey Bridges, at Lindsey's parents' house. Great place. I was able to watch Penn State win and the Phillies win...in English of all languages! Charles came also and we had an emotional talk... Then Sunday, to Grace Bible Church in Dallas (one of many), then a two hour drive east to Big Sandy, Texas.

I'm finishing our first day of meetings here...and somehow got volunteered to help come up with a name for CAM's future ministry teams. I have several pretty funny options, but no real good ones, so we'll see how that goes.

I have been able to text Mayra in Texas, but haven't had cell phone coverage since arriving here at the ALERT Center. Still haven't gone fishing either!

3 wins out of 5 games of Settlers, with the other wins claimed by Brad Bridges and Brent Downs!

3 comments:

Jim said...

This may sound crazy but - why not call them "ministry teams"? I'm serious! It's catchy, everyone knows what it means, easy to remember, meaningful...

And it would probably take a lot less time than choosing from a list of 234 names!

Luis Penieres said...

Pero, pues unas fotos no?

Alan & Beth McManus said...

as a new iMac owner (September) and iPod owner (2 shuffles for the kids last May)...I think we should go with something that reflects the hi-tech age in which we minister...the name needs to have a "cool factor"...no doubt Jesus was into this "cool factor"...I mean look at all the little fish symbols everywhere and the WWJD bracelets too ;-)

in keeping with that idea...how about

C-PODS

after all...we're "CAMers", Christians, creyentes, cross-carriers (i.e. "take up your cross and follow me"), we have the 4 C's of CAM International: 1. common vision 2. Christ-likeness 3 community 4. cooperation

(lots of C's that the "C-" in "C-PODS" stands for)

The "-PODS" stands for...well...pods...teams...

P - Prayer...Prayer warriors
O - Obedient/Obedience to Christ
D - Disciples...Discipleship...Disciple-makers
S - Servants, Serving, Servidores

lots of words that could be used to convey the principles by which we live and minister

C-PODS
c-PODS
C-PoDs
c-PoDs
C-pods
c-pods
cpods
C-poDs
c-poDs

I can't decide...I like the all caps or all lower-case with hyphens

CAM C-PODS
CAM c-pods

I like this suggestion for a name for our new ministry team concept

look at all the work I just saved you

:-)

if you don't like it all then I guess this was just a....

clueless - pathetically obtuse distasteful suggestion (c-pods) lol