Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Taco Time...and recovery...

Last night after a really neat prayer meeting where Abby helped out on the keyboard and we had probably 25 people in attendance, about 20 of us went to a nearby taco stand (the carpa roja, that is really naranjada) to eat some really taste pork tacos charred on a spit and served with parsley and onion (and pinapple if you want it). I started ordering 10 orders of tacos, but we ended up eating 627 pesos of them, about $60.

My issues with the tacos began around 3:30 this morning and continued through...right now. I won't go into details, believe me, you wouldn't want to know. My prayer is that I'm the only one who got sick.

We have a later call time today, basically Wednesday is a personal day with no team meeting so we can periodically relax a bit and catch up on other things we need to do. After I took the kids to school at 7:45, Mayra took the van to church for a women's prayer meeting from 9-11. I gotta get there to crank things up again. Today promises to be a very profitable day for the kingdom, at least that is our prayer.

It's 8:30. The results of the day...very similar to yesterday:

35 kids in the morning sports time
54 kids in the afternoon time
29 people in ESL classes.

It was a good day. After the final classes we connected the instruments and practiced "How Great is our God" in English and Spanish for next Sunday, as well as the song "Blessed be Your Name." Fun.

No comments: