Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pulpit pictures

I received a note from dad that they arrived safe and sound this morning around 2:30 a.m. Today Mayra had a women's Bible study and prayer time, after which she is going with Shari Cottrill to look for school options for the Cottrills. I went and got the van inspected, the first time I did so here in Mexico, because of new, severely limiting pollution control driving restrictions that enter into effect in September. If I don't get the van inspected, we would not be able to drive any day between 5 a.m. and 12 noon.

After a bit of confusion as to whether a van with Texas plates could even be inspected, the van passed, and I ended up having a good conversation with the guy who inspected it, inviting him to English classes this next week, etc... Always good to be cordial to the guy inspecting your van!

Here's some pictures of the pulpit-building project on Monday.
























Quote of the Day:
Mack, just because I work incredible good out of unspeakable tragedies doesn’t mean I caused it or that I need it to accomplish my purposes. That will only lead to false notions about me. Grace doesn’t depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colors.
The Shack, William Young, p. 185

No comments: