Monday, March 03, 2008

A long, fun (mostly) weekend

I taught the youth group again this past Saturday. Alan came...he is a 20 year old who made a profession of faith about a month ago. He really is a sensitive kid, plays the drums and teaches English on the side...he enjoyed speaking English to Brigam, Ty and myself. You can pray for him.


About 11 of us met at the church, then drove to the pyramids, a archeological site about 15 minutes from here. The differences between Mexico and the U.S. are many...among them the total lack of commercialization at some very neat parks; like where we went on Saturday. We were the only people there. You can walk around and collect fragments of authentic 600+ year old painted pottery.

At the edge of the park there's an old, deserted house. We walked back to the house and were messing around in it for a while, exploring...kinda of a typical haunted house look. As I was exiting I saw a police truck and the police over the speaker said "Mr. Rod." Our housing area employs municipal police for security, and I've gotten to know many of them. One of them (I forget his name) got out of the truck and shook my hand. Good to know that the law knows you!

Yesterday (Sunday) I preached on the Noahic covenant (is that how you spell it), and went from there to the New Covenant (in My blood), the Lord's Supper. We had a special time of sharing as a church. Afterwards Raul, Claudia, Analee and Alex came over for a cookout--we ran out of gas and had to finish on the stove...but it was good.

Last Thursday Daniel went with his school to Teotiohacan, an archeological site north of Mexico City. Here's some of his pictures.






No comments: