Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Cabin!

After the wedding on Saturday I preached on Luke 19:1-10 at our home church, Word of Life Chapel. It was a special day in that two of my good friends from a long time ago, Kurt Horting and Mark Habecker were there. We grew up together. Kurt graduated from Dallas Theological Seminary and is a pastor near Dallas. He has 6 kids. Mark graduated from Bob Jones and is a pastor somewhere in Virginia. Or is it North Carolina? I forget. There where two other pastors present in the congregation too...Donald Wagner, who pastored Wolc for over 20 years, and the current interim pastor, Jim Ober. Both of these men were part of my ordination council a few years back.

Then we went to our family cabin in the mountains. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. It was a great time! My dream of being alone in the mountains with no car noise or distractions was fulfilled! The fishing wasn't the greatest, but the time with the family and with my parents was awesome. Highlights...huckleberry picking and eating, creek work with the kids, spotting deer (we saw a bunch), seeing the porcupine (is that how you spell it?), eating all sorts of delicious stuff, hikes, etc...etc..










No comments: